Monday, March 17, 2008

What if we didn't celebrate St.Patrick's Day?

Today is Saint Patrick's Day all over the world.
What if we didn't celebrate? No Green Beer, No
lucky cloverleafs, no wearing green to work, and
no speaking like a little green leprechun. I don't
guess people would mind.
We have sort of got use to all the holidays that
people are telling us we should celebrate.
What about Ground Hogs Day. It is not really a
Federal Holiday that we get benefit from, except
to gleam information from the weather pro's. Or
in this case a groundhog, which by the way, gets
it right about as often as those high paid TV
commentators.
Back to St Pat. I probably have Irish friends,and
I don't want to offend them. When is Italian Day?
What day does German Day come? What about Christian
Day? I guess that could count as Christmas. I will
admit I am a little jealous of my black friends. I
mean they have a whole month. February is considered
Black History Month. Maybe March could be considered
Green History Month.
This may catch on . Instead of HOLI-DAYS why don't
we have HOLI-MONTH'S. Then we could have more days
off, celebrate the true spirit of Saint Patrick's Day
by wearing green all month, and drinking green beer
all month. I don't know about you , but it works for me.
What if?

No comments: