Friday, March 21, 2008

Tom Bush Eulogy


Tom we shared the best of times and the worst of times.
Today is the worst of times. You have been there for me
for 45 years. Today we are here for you. You have touched
all of our lives in one way or the other. That is what
brought each of us here today. I could fill a book of 300
pages or more about the times we have shared together. I
won't do that today. But I will thank you for your love,
your inspiration, your guidance and especially for your
friendship all of these years. I am sure you know how I
feel because I told you often. I still doubt if it was
ever enough. We knew each other pretty well.
You knew when I was hurting and I knew when you
were hurting. I am hurting now. I am sure you know that.
You were always there for me and you always
showed me that you cared. It was never what
do you want? It was always how can I help?
Late night talks, two hour lunches, going to plays, the
beach at New Years, the mountains, reunion planning, so
many good times shared between two friends. I will miss
you. I will pine for you. I will call your name in the night.
You will be there for me but you won't answer. That is o.k.
I will still know that you are there. These memories will
sustain me till we meet again.
I love you Tom, my buddy.Larry Oldham 1\14\08

Footnote: Tom died 5 years after having Cancer on
January 10th, 2008.

No comments: